Important Information for beginners
- Beginners are welcome to join the fundamentals classes:
What should I bring to class?
- The important things to remember are:
- Please wear a long-sleeved rash guard and long tights (underneath shorts if you prefer).
- If the rash guard and the tights are brand new, please WASH it few times before showing up to the class. This prevents fabric dye from staining our mats.
- Please ensure your clothing is without any zips or metal parts. Please bring a pair of jandals, these must be worn when walking around off the mats.
- Please cut all of your nails and shower before the class.
- The code to access our academy is 0552+bell.
- Please scan in and use hand sanitiser upon entering the club.
- Please watch this introduction video.
Is the first class free?
- Yes, the first class is free.
- Come to one of our beginner’s classes
- lunchtime from 12 to 1 pm or 5 pm to 6 pm
- from Monday to Thursday
- Introduce yourself to Prof. Vanderson and have a go!
Do I need to buy a Gi after the first session?
We do sell Gis at the club. We can discuss this if you decide to sign up.
Is there any contract?
- We don’t have a locked-in contract.
- You sign up for a membership and the fee is paid via automatic payment.
- We kindly request 14 days notice should you wish to cancel this membership.
- We encourage you to attend our regular classes for at least 6 months so you can gain a basic understanding of BJJ.
- Like any other skill, BJJ requires discipline and consistency.
When do I change my belt?
- This is something very personal.
- It depends on you.
- The more disciplined and consistent you are, the faster you will progress.
- Check out our Youtube channel for guidance on the fundamentals of BJJ.
Please watch this video for more information about our classes: